Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Colour Me Up

Have been smiling since I had this conversation….thought I’d share it to keep the smile happy.

I got this frantic call from my son right now. He will be seven this coming Jan and, for anyone who thinks the new generation is precocious, read on…

I barely pick up my phone – “Momma, आज 1 minute के लिए मेरे life में चमक आ गयी” (which literally translated, stands for this, Momma, today for 1 minute, my life got... lit)

Me, in my proudest mommy moment, thinking he had finally made it in cricket (by the way, hes an opening batsman of the infant cricket team for his school, no mean joke this): “what happened betu ?…I knew u could do it.”

“Momma आज Chantelle मेरे बगल वाले seat पर आकर बैठी….मेरी life bindass हो गयी”..(Now Chantelle, is the heartthrob of their class, which is standard 1, and a constant one angle of any triangle….in the last few months of this semester, endless number of best friends have come and gone over this one prized angle)

Now, I don’t use the most appropriate language infront of him always…but such colour in his words needed to be appreciated..

So I joined in the revelry……"बिलकुल jhakaas na betu…अब वहीँ बैठेगी? “

“Offoo momma…तुम्हारे साथ यही ना problem है, तुम इतना जल्दी excited हो जाती हो…बस आज के लिए आयी थी….hyper मत हो….लेकिन चमक गयी mommy मेरी लाइफ…”

I still can’t stop smiling…..the next decade is gonna be so mast…।

Everyday I'm told to stop talking like a nutcase infront of him coz he'll end up flunking his language tests...that I should talk the way I write....haha

Between u and me, I love the colour in the way he talks and, I shall take a bow..oh yeah

5 comments:

Citizen Shaker said...

That's absolutely endearing..You know what, start making him watch Wonder Years (it comes on Mondays on Zee Cafe at 6 & 11 pm, no DVD out yet)..and maybe you direct his own Indian episodes...

Smiling Dolphin said...

what an incredibly sweet and funny story. he calls you mummy meri life!!! why you don't leave comments on my blog then, huh?

Milan said...

this young man requires no training....i think apni khoob jamegi....:)....btw, svety all of ur mommy pieces are so much worth reading a multiple times over and over....

Mahogany said...

Nice one! This is a story I want to follow :-)

Y said...

suh-weet, svety :-)