Tuesday, April 17, 2007

My Words That Work Magic

There are certain words that tingle ur fancy on certain days. Somebody behind me just screamed "submerge" and I love it already. "Submerge" has such a "today" ring to it.

Sort of washes over me and makes me want to say it over and over again.Crazy.

I have favourite words too and, they help me feel out my existence.

"Chutzpah",the yiddish term for gutsy audacity, surprising impertinence, brazen nerve (by the way all this is wikipedia). For me, Chutzpah is the smile behind the mischief, the flare of amused tolerance,the ritual of the known game and of course, the love of a defiant man..Its also the name of my first restaurant...

"Aqua", my soul word, my comfort zone, also part name of this blog. The word I come to in my angst, a place I thrash and then emerge out of, clean and so stoical...

"Jaan", urdu for beloved..only two people in my life have heard me saying this word..so much more romantic than dil or pyaar or...i love it because it sort of submerges (god that word again) the "self" and, when u say it and u mean it, its all but a lilt of the tongue..

There are so many more. Tomorrow (ah thats another favourite)

6 comments:

Rashmi said...

Submerge...i like how that sounds as well!
Here are some more of those pleasant sounding words that I fancy:


1) serendipity (I'm in love with the concept too)
2) slugabed (cute sounding word for someone who is inclined to stay in bed out of laziness)
Why lamb!--why lady!--fie, you slugabed
Trivia: The word was coined by Shakespeare and first used in Romeo and Juliet
3) silhouette
4) exotic.....
.....among others

Smiling Dolphin said...

from your recent posts, my scorpio seventh sense tells me that there's a new man in your life......

svety said...

:)

New???? naaaah.....

shaswati said...

please write something more!

Smiling Dolphin said...

definitely definitely new! the naaaah said it all.

Shome said...

Carpe Diem - My all time favorite..