Monday, January 15, 2007

Love, eh ???

Some lines that remind me of the music in the rains, windows that talk and broken silhouettes.

None of these lines are mine but, what I wouldn't do to claim them as mine......

From Dashboard Confessional, Dusk & Summer

The signal is subtle
We pass just close enough to touch
No questions, no answers
We know by now to say enough
With only simple words
With only subtle turns
The things we feel alone for one another

There is a secret that we keep
I won't sleep if you won't sleep
Because tonight may be the last chance we'll be given
We are compelled to do what we must do
We are compelled to do what we have been forbidden
So I won't sleep if you won't sleep tonight

Until the last resilient hope
Is frozen deep inside my bones
And this broken fate has claimed me
And my memories for its own
Your name is pounding through my veins
Can’t you hear how it is sung?
And I can taste you in my mouth
Before the words escape my lungs
And I’ll whisper only once…

There is a secret that we keep
I won’t sleep if you won’t sleep
Because tonight may be the last chance we’ll be given
We are compelled to do what we have to
We are compelled to do what we have been forbidden

From Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead

I sat there beside him till morning - and as I watched his face in the starlight, then the first ray of the sun on his untroubled forehead and closed eyelids, what I experienced was not a prayer, I do not pray, but that state of spirit at which a prayer is a misguided attempt: a full, confident, affirming self-dedication to my love of the right, to the certainty that the right would win and that this boy would have the kind of future he deserved. . . . I did not expect it to be as great as this - or as hard.

A Short Poem by Peter Griffin

A cold evening
Drifts down from the Aravallis.
One ear stays warm.
Science would insist
That it's a cheap phone
Heating up.
I know what it really is:
You called
To share the sunset.

By Leonard Cohen

I loved you in the morning, our kisses deep and warm,
your hair upon the pillow like a sleepy golden storm,
yes, many loved before us, i know that we are not knew,
in city and in forest they smelled like me and you,
but now its come to distances and both of us must try,
your eyes are soft with sorrow,
Hey, thats no way to say goodbye
I'm not looking for another as I wander in my time,
walk me to the corner, our steps will always rhyme
you know my love goes with you as your love stays with me,
its just the way it changes, like the shoreline and the sea,
but lets not talk of love or chains and things we can't untie,
your eyes are soft with sorrow,
Hey, thats no way to say goodbye....




2 comments:

Simpu said...

For the warm ear,
The longing and good byes,
The truth of truths is love,
And the biggest of lies....

And I smile and am sure everyone else who reads will smile too

The truths and lies in one , just like the sky and sea both blue

Lynn said...

glad you liked the insight, though I have to say SRK was a lot better last night. in his tv interviews he comes across as muted, articulate, warm and intelligent, so i don't understand why star wants to turn him into a buffoon on kbc. hope you have a great time in goa, and get to see a dolphin or two. cheers