Friday, October 27, 2006

Is It the Kada ??

I've never been religious but I'm most definitely a believer. I don't know if there is a God out there but I'm aware of him within. Kill me because I say "Him". Him just sounds more right than a Her. Blame it on my gender insensitivity.

Afew days back, a friend of mine gave me a kada to wear. U know the punjabi kada. Had been wanting to wear one for quite some time. Don't know why. Do not understand the religious sentiment behind it. Just knew that I wanted to wear it.

And, since I have worn it, I feel I've somehow empowered myself. How does one explain something like this???? Fantasy? Inane Belief?

Changes are happening in my life and I am rearing to make these changes work for me. I feel happier than I have, in a long time, personally. More settled with myself. After years I looked at myself in the mirror and felt the pain of losing my looks. I'm looking at that as a positive sign. Internally I seem to be aggregating will power to take the final plunge. I need to harness my weight and I will do it.

So is it the kada ?? Or is it plain chemical locha ??

P.S. Thank U Karan

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhh!!!!!i love the last line "Thank you karan"..hahahaha

Its nice to read such a thing happened to you and may things better than these happen and u loose all your excess weight and win everything.what say?

svety said...

i hope ur black book of dates is always full and girls bend over backwards for ur autograph and of course u reach caneda sardar...

whn i lose that excess wt u can take me out for a date...

karan said...

Ah!!!!!!!!!
i actually like women and not girls ya...
hhahahaha.........
30+ especially...ohhhhhhhhhhh

Shaswati said...

How dare Karan mentions the 30+ again, some cheeks he's got I must say! Svety, all the best for your weight loss programme - am sure you'll make it!

Anonymous said...

I think you should go and get a carton of kadas, melt them all together and wear the giant kada on ur waist..That way u can pay ur own tribute to Vishal Bharadwaj's Omkara, and Rahul Rawail's Jo Bole So Nihaal.

Abhigyan of the Beta version

svety said...

And, ofcourse u think i have a waist...

Anonymous said...

Kada or not -i like the thots that are coming to u Dijaan - nice and healthy! Keep it there and work at it.

svety said...

KK why the anonymous comment. There is noone else in this world who calls me dijaan...

Reshma said...

sometimes, faith does the most awesome things! and well, it neither costs nor hurts to have some!

really like the way u write!
:)

Abhilasha said...

Great post... And how is the weight loss programme coming along?

Abhigyan said...

Chemical locha will happen when 'maim' goes to the basement.

svety said...

each day i live in hope vidhu...