Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Aha

I have just arrived at this dazzling revelation. For once I sat and thought about myself. Actually two revelations. No three.
  • I never think about myself. Not as in why I am what I am with respect to my interface with others but as what I am by myself. Its not that I don't have the time but just that its so complicated
  • And, the reason why I don't think about it is so very amplified in my first point. i have fucking no clue how to go about it. I jumble easy but to give myself some credit, unravel well...
  • If I were to give myself points on romance and being romantic (mind u, they are both different things) I would rate myself highly but, if u ask me my favourite movies, not more than 1 romantic movie (Love Story, the english one guys, am not talking abt kumar gaurav-vijeta pandit, kya ghazab karte ho jee notwithsatnding) would make it to the top 10.

So there, some big insights abt myself.....

4 comments:

Abhigyan said...

I guess you hit the nail on the head..Fairly unravelled, but unneccesarily complicate things (sense of deja vu there, hehe)...The trick is to discover that simplicity, and live by it.

Smiling Dolphin said...

Have you seen the movie "As good as it gets" starring jack Nicholson?

svety said...

Its so amazing u bringing this movie up today. its been on my mind since last night. A friend was telling me that Shahrukh's character goes wrong in KANK because at no ppoint in the movie does one feel that u could love someone as nasty as him And, I thought of Jack Nicholson in As Good As It Gets. The way his character evolves, subtly, beautifully post finding love is awesome. Ya Ya I know we r talking Shahrukh and that was THE Mr. Jack Nicholson

Melvin Udall: I've got a really great compliment for you, and it's true.
Carol Connelly: I'm so afraid you're about to say something awful.
Melvin Udall: Don't be pessimistic, it's not your style. Anyway, here goes: I've got this, what, ailment. Now, my doctor, this shrink I used to go to all the time, says that in fifty to sixty percent of cases, a pill really helps. I HATE pills, hate them. I'm using the word "hate" about pills. Anyway, my compliment to you is the night after you came over and said that you would never... well, you were there, you know what you said. Anyway, the very next morning, I started taking the pills.
Carol Connelly: I don't quite get how that's a compliment for me.
Melvin Udall: You make me want to be a better man.
Carol Connelly: ...That's maybe the best compliment of my life.
Melvin Udall: Well maybe I overshot a little, because I was aiming at just enough to keep you from walking out.

- Jack Nicholson as Melvin Udall in As Good As It Gets to Helen Hunt

Smiling Dolphin said...

yes that is the most famous statement of the film. and i think i made my point. you ARE romantic. you just tend to forget that sometimes. like you forgot to list this utterly romantic film among your top ten!!! (and it's a much better movie than love story).

btw, i didn't find shahrukh's character nasty as such, he was nice and funny and playful and ironic around rani sometimes. as you say, it just wasn't developed well enough. now on the other hand if aamir had to do it.......!