Thursday, May 18, 2006

Mixing Your Soul with Mine

I'm so sleepy. Not really the best time to write. But what the heck.

I see all these amazing looking cocktails being made and think whether we look the same from above. As one ages one assumes that life teaches and so it does. Of life itself. And, feelings. And, love. And Meaning.

It not only teaches, it cleanses. Immediacy gives way to the search for a possible alternative. Of double 2s that don't add upto a 4, but do, in their own sort of way.

I mix my soul with so many souls everyday, in so many ways.....

It rained afew days, no some nights back and I mixed my soul with the black of the night, got drenched with it and danced in my mind with the joy of being free and reborn.The mind is always free.... Or is it ? Like I said, as you age, u realise the vulnerability of freedom, of being free and not knowing what to do with it. Of being at one with your own captivity.

I mix my soul with so many souls everyday, in so many ways.....

Last evening I was cutting garlic. I love garlic. I love the smell of burnt garlic in my food. It reminds me of things my life lacks. Of dreams that I aspire to make real. A bitter sweet feeling of moments lost and time gained. I love cooking. Its my time and my place. I let my hand mix things without any norm, myself smell the food and decide to let it go the mood of my sight. I indulge myself and my senses. Last evening I mixed my soul with the galic flakes that fell on the floor.

I mix my soul with so many souls everyday, in so many ways.....

People who've known me in the past feel I don't speak anymore. I smile. Its as if I'm always thinking. Burdened with thoughts they say. I'm not. Thinking was never my forte. Speaking seems to have become redundant as most of what I have to say has already been said. And, most of what I want to say, I have yet to find a voice for. It may sound depressing, but its not. I want to mix my soul with someone and things that understand my silence.....

No comments: